Tuesday, September 1, 2015

WebPost:1 Class Survey

1. I prefer to be called Kaitlyn.
2. I grew up in Dover, Ohio, but I moved to Akron when I was 15 years old.
3. I would like to teach history, english, or a foreign language for either middle or high school students.
4. I am a part of the John Carroll University cheerleading squad; we cheer for both football and basketball. I have cheered since 4th grade, and I was elected cheer captain my senior year in high school. In the future, I would love to coach cheerleading at the school I am employed.
5. As cliché as it sounds, my family is the most important thing to me. My parents have been married 18 years, and I have two younger sisters. Therefore, I am the eldest out of the three daughters. Like most things, being the eldest has its pros and cons. The first born is the guinea pig of the family, and has the most responsibility. As I am growing up, figuring life out, and experiencing failure, I still have to lead by example for my younger siblings. Regardless of the situation or the way I am feeling, I always try my best to do to the right thing so that my sisters have a good role model to look up to. I am forever grateful for my little sisters; they have shaped me into a leader, a listener, a teacher, to have more patience, and much more. My family matters the most to me.
6. To be truly comfortable enough to take risks in the classroom, I must really understand the material presented (this normally happens to be in history, english, social sciences, and\or foreign languages).
7. My sophomore year in high school I moved from a small, farm town school in Dover, OH to a more academically rigorous school in Akron, OH. I had always been one of the best students in my class at Dover, so when my grades started dropping at Revere (the high school in Akron) I was not only discouraged, but confused. I was embarrassingly behind my fellow classmates. I went to tutoring four times a week my sophomore year, and finally caught back up. That is my most formative experience as a student; it taught me hard work and dedication pay off, and also how important education is.
8. It terrifies me that at the state legislature, congressmen are making decisions in regards to education when they haven't taught students a day in their life. It also pains me to see certain schools(for example in Southern Ohio) struggling to buy textbooks, only going to school for the minimum number of hours because they cannot afford electric, and much more.
9. Where did you receive your undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate?

No comments:

Post a Comment