Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Blog PostIt Notes


While reading through the chapter “The Banking Concept of Education”, multiple things stood out to me. One topic in particular was the list of situations that are apparent in the banking education. For example, “the teacher knows everything and the students know nothing.” This concept was obvious in my sophomore year geometry class. When the teacher was “teaching” us he mostly talked down to my peers and me. It was extremely hard to learn in that environment; he made you feel as though he was all knowing, and there was a small chance you would be able to grasp the content. Also, if you had trouble understanding material, he was not quick to assist students. I hope my future students will never feel this way in my classroom. I will make a conscious effort to make a comfortable learning environment. Obviously I will know the concepts more thoroughly than my students. But, it is necessary for me to learn from the students. Even though I am the teacher, there is plenty of ideas I can better understand through my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment