Tuesday, October 27, 2015

FieldPost 4 Beachwood High School

During my second individual observation, I sat at lunch with the social studies department again. Mr. Velotta and I left about seven minutes early, and I was able to ask him a few questions. We talked about dress code, school spirit, their LGBT program, and college as an education major. Beachwood's dress code is more lenient. There school spirit varies from sport to sport, and the seniors that year. They had a board of suicide stories from gay, lesbian, and transgender people to spread awareness. When we spoke about college education majors, he felt that most students are not prepared for the profession of the teaching. He found himself panically reading the textbooks before the lesson, because felt so unprepared to teach the students. He said during the first three years of his teaching career he learned the most. He has now taught for 21 years, and in my opinion perfected the profession. He is so energetic and involved with his class. He reminds me of my favorite history teacher from my freshman year.

No comments:

Post a Comment